Fri, Jan 29|
Presentation: Inseam Pocket w/Lining
Sew 'seamless' side seam pocket, in a lined skirt or pant, with a sturdy, bulk-free French seam pocket bag.
Time & Location
Jan 29, 2021, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
About the Event
A Way We Sew focuses on fun, functional methods to improve your sewing. In this presentation we'll demonstrate A Way We Sew a "seamless" side seam pocket, in a lined skirt or pant, with a sturdy, bulk-free French seamed pocket bag. Watch a short video showing this beautiful pocket bag here.
Benefits to our method include:
- No slashing. That means your pocket will be sturdy enough to hold your phone, your keys, or your hand.
- Durable, double stitched French seam pocket bag. No more pocket blow-out!
- Make the pocket bag ahead of time. Can you say: scrap busting?
- Side seams are open. That means you can fit sides seams first, then insert pocket when you're ready, on your terms!
What you'll learn. Our methods are a little different. We like to "sew rogue", cut corners, sew backwards, and have fun while learning new techniques you can apply to any sewing project.
In this presentation, you'll learn A Way We:
- Sew first, cut later for faster, simpler sewing.
- Sew curves using the wheel/hub approach.
- Cut corners for smoother, rounder, sturdier curves.
- Use one seam to accurately sew the next - no more guessing and no more surprises!
All our online presentations include:
- Links to the taped live session, watch on your own time up to one month after the session aired.
- Discount code for our illustrated, step-by-step Inseam Pocket kit - mailed to you! Our kits include pre-printed fabric samples with all the steps printed directly on the fabric. Kit includes step-by-step professionally illustrated (in color!) instructions.
- Link to download a pdf of the instructions to refer to as you watch the live presentation.
- And more!
Part of the proceeds of this presentation go to directly support your ASG chapter.
We look forward to seeing you soon!