Sun, Nov 01|
Classic Shirt Make Along
Classic Shirt Make Along with Esther’s Fabrics
Make a classic shirt, and make it well before the Holidays! Register for this FREE event and you’ll receive: - links to three live events and recordings. - discounts from Esther’s Fabrics - discounts on all the shirt making lessons and step-by-step videos brought to you by A Way We Sew.
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2020, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM PST
Classic Shirt Make Along
About the Event
What better gift to yourself or your loved one than a custom made shirt, and you'll learn techniques along the way that will improve any sewing project. The make-along is for the Liesl "Classic Shirt Sewing Pattern" (women's styling with cup sizes) and the "Fairfield Button-up Shirt" by Thread Theory. These patterns are available at Esther's Fabrics.
Sign up is FREE and available through Oct 30th. When you sign up for the Make Along, you'll recieve:
- 10% off your purchase at Esthers Fabrics (discount sent at sign up).
- All 4 of our shirt sewing lessons for $20 - this includes access to step-by-step videos, a fully illustrated downloadable PDF for how to make a collar, band, sleeve placket and cuff (discount codes sent at signup)
- Access to our three live Zoom events (and the tape for future viewing) with live demos. Details below!
- Entry into our raffle for fabulous PRIZES! Details below!
NOTE: You'll need to register for each of the three events so we know who's coming and can enter you into the prize drawings for each of the three events. We'll send our a reminder for the next session approximately 48 hours after the previous session has ended. The reminder will also have a link to the previous live session's recording.
Schedule of Events: Please prepare by downloading and installing the Zoom app. NOTE: All times are Pacific Standard Time
- Sunday, November 2st, 1pm-2:30pm: Kick off session, DEMO: How to prepare your pattern. How to match prints along center front. Prizes!
- Sunday, November 8th, 1pm-2:30pm: Q & A. DEMO: How to sew a yoke and a separate front placket. Prizes!
- Sunday, November 15th, 1pm-2:30pm: Wrap up, sharing our shirts. DEMO: How to do a flat fell side seams and rolled hem. And PRIZES!
Did we say prizes? We'll have a raffle each Event. Sign up and you'll be eligible to win one of these fabulous prizes!
- Frixion erasable marker - Leah's favorite notion! Use this felt-tip marker to quickly outline your template, write on fabric, and erase with heat or friction.
- Fabric 'snips' - Snip like a pro!
- Flat-fell foot (fits most Babylock, Brother, and similar machines). Leah's favorite foot! Use this for that professional, durable side seam.
The small print:
The events are free. When you register for the first event, you will automatically be registered for the Nov 8th and 15th events. You will get a link (within 24 hours of the event) for the taped video. You'll have unlimited access to the videos through the end of the year.
To get the most of the experience, we hope you will purchase the shirt making lessons. They will help you every step of the way for making that collar, band, sleeve placket, and cuff. The lessons include a full-color, fully illustrated instruction sheet, and links to the step-by-step videos.
Reviews: A Way We Sew recently taught a Zoom class for the annual American Sewing Guild (ASG) virtual convention. The class was on making shirt collars. Here are a few reviews:
"Really well done and so thorough. Wonderful teacher and I loved how she sort of previewed the steps before walking us through them. She paced things just right" - Liz, Chicago ASG neighborhood group
"As an ex-teacher (and ex-resident of Gig Harbor) and a person who took all 6 ASG classes...your class was the best. Very clear directions, minimal video issues, could see the details, detailed handouts. Thank you for the inspiring day." - Sue
"I appreciate your clear instructions and method. I was familiar with [some of your methods] but they had not worked for me. I can now see how they will work and give me a better point." - Ruby
Classic Shirt Make Along$0.00